Factom (CURRENCY:FCT) traded 2% higher against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on September 22nd. Factom has a total market capitalization of $31.76 million and $20,622.00 worth of Factom was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Factom coin can currently be bought for approximately $3.23 or 0.00032163 BTC on popular exchanges including Poloniex, Cryptopia, Upbit and BCEX. During the last week, Factom has traded up 2.8% against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- XRP (XRP) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00002802 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00010019 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $20.55 or 0.00205125 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $120.80 or 0.01205966 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0717 or 0.00000716 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0177 or 0.00000177 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded up 26.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.24 or 0.00092277 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.83 or 0.00018315 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0381 or 0.00000379 BTC.
Factom’s launch date was October 5th, 2015. Factom’s total supply is 9,844,787 coins. The official website for Factom is factom.org. Factom’s official Twitter account is @factom and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Factom is /r/factom and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Will Factoids have their own blockchain? Ultimately Factoids will be implemented on their own Chain in Factom. For the crowd sale, other options are possible. How are Factoids created? Two ways. Factoids will be created as a part of the crowd sale. Secondly, Factoids will be created at a fixed rate and paid to the Factom Servers and Audit Servers for their work running the system, and to pay other incentives. Is there a separate Proof of Work or other consensus mechanism for factoids, independent of factom? No. That said, the Factom chain and the Entry chain are managed by the Factom Servers (they are the application using these chains) so they validate them in real time. No invalid entries can be placed in these chains. How do factoids get sent back to the protocol? Is it a kind of burn? No. The Entry Credits are burned. Entry Credits are non transferable. They can only be used to buy entries. But when they DO buy entries, the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released. The amount of Factoids varies since the price of Entry Credits per Factoid varies. The Factoid paid out is calculated by dividing the total number of Factoid in the protocol by the number of outstanding Entry Credits. The number of Factoids in the protocol and the number of outstanding Entry Credits are all computable from the Entry Chain and the Factoid Chain. “
Factom Coin Trading
Factom can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BCEX, Upbit, Bit-Z, Bittrex, Cryptopia and Poloniex. It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Factom directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Factom should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Factom using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Factom Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Factom and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.